The September 22, 2016, update (version 6.8) for Microsoft Skype for Business App on iOS includes the following new features:
- New voice settings that provide more flexibility when you use VoIP or a cellular data connection during meetings.
- Support for iOS 10.
- Performance and stability improvements.
Issues and improvements that are fixedThis update includes the following issues and improvements:
- User can switch the RequireWiFi for Voice settings (True or False), but this does not actually set up the true policy.
- This update adds callback-to-listen for VM of different codecs, or data-protected VMs.
- The Speakerphone icon is highlighted, but sound goes through the earpiece.
- The iOS client doesn't allow usage of the dial pad when a PIN is required for long-distance calls.
- Show push capabilities (status) in the Options view.
- Tapping +1 for a long time (two seconds) should call voice mail.
- Images are shifted.
- Integrated speakers are selected forcibly as audio device on video calls. (build number: 184.108.40.2067)
- Skype for Business for iOS can't join online meeting as guest. (build number: 220.127.116.11)
- This update includes iOS 10 compatibility.
- This update deletes UCMP references from UI code.
- This update includes new voice settings.
- Audio over Bluetooth on iOS 10 stutters.
- The conference IM changes to a conference call automatically.
- You should not able to send IM by only using the Space key.
- The outgoing call can't return to the chat page when a remote user rejects the call by replying in IM in the desktop client.
- Skype for Business crashes when the presenter shares the screen.
- Skype for Business crashes after you sign in.
- Users can't start Skype for Business in iOS 8.4.
- The Audio less - Sharing icon should be displayed in the Recent list when you share a screen.
- The Present option should be displayed when you select the More button in audio less sharing as presenter.
- Push notification should be displayed if users disable notifications.
- Skype for Business crashes when you open a voice mail page.
- This update changes the layout to add join through PSTN. Additionally, this update adds the Placeholder button to select country or city in meeting details.
- You are taken to the conversation screen instead of starting a PSTN call when you tap a previous telephone number on the dial pad.
- The iPhone Group List page displays Dismiss instead of dismiss.
- Skype for Business crashes when you change the voice settings in network connectivity.
- Skype for Business crashes when you switch between the shares.
- ime isn't updated for a conversation through cellular callback.
- Skype for Business crashes when you join a meeting as anonymous for the first time.
- Skype for Business crashes when you switch an account to sign in to Skype for Business.
- When you select items in the Timeline view, Skype for Business crashes if a refresh operation is in progress.
Update informationThis update is available for download and installation from the following Apple iTunes website:
PrerequisitesThere are no prerequisites for installing this update.
Restart informationYou do not have to restart the computer after you apply this update.
Update replacement informationThis update does not replace a previously released update.
Article ID: 3199076 - Last Review: Nov 16, 2016 - Revision: 1