To learn more about the vulnerability, see Microsoft Security Bulletin MS16-131.
- All future security and non-security updates for Windows RT 8.1, and Windows 8.1 require update 2919355 to be installed. We recommend that you install update 2919355 on your Windows RT 8.1-based, or Windows 8.1-based computer so that you receive future updates.
- If you install a language pack after you install this update, you must reinstall this update. Therefore, we recommend that you install any language packs that you require before you install this update. For more information, see Add language packs to Windows.
Additional information about this security update
- 3197873 November 2016 Security Only Quality Update for Windows RT 8.1, Windows 8.1, and Windows Server 2012 R2
- 3197874 November 2016 Security Monthly Quality Rollup for Windows 8.1 and Windows Server 2012 R2
- 3197867 November 2016 security only quality update for Windows 7 SP1 and Windows Server 2008 R2 SP1
- 3197868 November 2016 Security Monthly Quality Rollup for Windows 7 SP1 and Windows Server 2008 R2 SP1
- 3198585 Cumulative Update for Windows 10: November 8, 2016
- 3200970 Cumulative Update for Windows 10 Version 1607 and Windows Server 2016: November 8, 2016
- 3198586 Cumulative Update for Windows 10 Version 1511: November 8, 2016