Microsoft SupportA supported hotfix is now available from Microsoft. However, it's intended to correct only the problem that's described in this article. Apply it only to systems that are experiencing this specific problem. This hotfix may receive additional testing. Therefore, if you aren't severely affected by this problem, we recommend that you wait for the next that contains this hotfix.
To resolve this problem immediately, contact Microsoft Customer Support Services to obtain the hotfix. For a complete list of Microsoft Customer Support Services telephone numbers and information about support costs, go to the following Microsoft website:Note In special cases, charges that are ordinarily incurred for support calls may be canceled if a Microsoft Support Professional determines that a specific update will resolve your problem. The usual support costs will apply to additional support questions and issues that don't qualify for the specific update in question.
Known issues in this updateSynchronization Service
After this update is installed, rules extensions and custom management agents (MAs) that are based on Extensible MA (ECMA1 or ECMA 2.0) may not run and may produce a run status of "stopped-extension-dll-load." This issue occurs when you run such rules extensions or custom MAs after you change the configuration file (.config) for one of the following processes:
In this case, the synchronization engine installer for this update intentionally does not replace the configuration file to avoid deleting your previous changes. Because the configuration file isn't replaced, entries that are required by this update aren't present in the files, and the synchronization engine won't load any rules extension DLLs when the engine runs a Full Import or Delta Sync run profile.
To resolve this issue, follow these steps:
- Make a backup copy of the MIIServer.exe.config file.
- Open the MIIServer.exe.config file in a text editor or in Microsoft Visual Studio.
- Find the <runtime> section in the MIIServer.exe.config file, and then replace the content of the <dependentAssembly> section by using the following:
<assemblyIdentity name="Microsoft.MetadirectoryServicesEx" publicKeyToken="31bf3856ad364e35" />
<bindingRedirect oldVersion="220.127.116.11-18.104.22.168" newVersion="22.214.171.124" />
- Save the changes to the file.
- Find the Mmsscrpt.exe.config file in the same directory and the Dllhost.exe.config in the parent directory. Repeat steps 1 through 4 for these two files.
- Restart the Forefront Identity Manager Synchronization Service (FIMSynchronizationService).
- Verify that the rules extensions and custom management agents now work as expected.
PrerequisitesTo apply this update, you must have one of the following Microsoft Identity Manager 2016 builds installed. We have tested the following upgrade paths:
- 4.3.2195(RTM) to 4.4.1302.0
- 4.3.2195(RTM) to 4.3.2064.0 to 4.4.1302.0
- 4.3.2195(RTM) to 4.3.2064.0 (Roll Back) to 4.3.2195.0 to 4.4.1302.0
- 4.3.2195(RTM) to 4.3.2195.0 to 4.4.1302.0
- 4.3.2195(RTM) to 4.3.2266.0 to 4.4.1302.0