This security update resolves vulnerabilities in Microsoft Office that could allow remote code execution if a user opens a specially crafted Office file. To learn more about these vulnerabilities, see Microsoft Common Vulnerabilities and Exposures CVE-2017-8511 and Microsoft Common Vulnerabilities and Exposures CVE-2017-8512.
Note To apply this security update, you must have the release version of Service Pack 1 for Microsoft Office 2013 installed on the computer.
Improvements and fixes
- Improve the translation of the Danish and Korean versions of Microsoft PowerPoint 2013.
- Fixes the following issues:
- Microsoft Office files that have VBE projects that are signed by a trusted provider aren't validated correctly at open even if you have selected the Disable all macros except digitally signed macros option. This issue occurs after you install the October 2016 update (15.0.4867.1003) for Office 2013 Click-to-Run versions.
- The proxy authentication doesn't work for the HTTP Redirect method in Microsoft Outlook 2013. However, the proxy authentication still applies to other auto discover steps. Therefore, you may not able to create profiles for cloud mailboxes.
- Email messages may not be displayed if the computer has low memory available. The email messages may be displayed when you resize the window.
- Fix an issue with unnecessary line breaking of short (two or three characters) custom ribbon labels in Korean for Office 2016 users.
Security update deployment information
For deployment information about this update, see security update deployment information: June 13, 2017.
Security update replacement information
This security update replaces the previously released update KB3191885.
File hash information
|Package Name||Package Hash SHA 1||Package Hash SHA 2|
How to get help and support for this security update
Help for installing updates: Windows Update FAQ
Security solutions for IT professionals: TechNet Security Support and Troubleshooting
Help for protecting your Windows-based computer from viruses and malware: Microsoft Secure
Local support according to your country: International Support
Propose a feature or provide feedback on Office Core: Office User Voice portal