- Removing the boot drives from one computer and putting them into another computer.
- Using cloning software to replicate the Windows OS from one drive to another and then booting the replicated drive from inside a different computer.
- Windows operating systems that are run as virtual machines (VMs). These can be exported from one computer to another when they're running on the same hypervisor.
- When Sysprep is run to prepare a Windows OS for new hardware.
- When a Windows OS is configured to run as Windows To Go.