- If you have previously installed SQL Server 2016 RTM Cumulative Update 1, 2, or 3, you must install KB3210110 - On-demand hotfix update package for SQL Server 2016 CU3 to address the issues described below, as well as all hotfixes up to and including Cumulative Update 3.
- In this case, your current installation build number would be greater than or equal to13.0.2149.0.
- If you have not previously installed SQL Server 2016 RTM Cumulative Update 1, 2, or 3, you can install this GDR update to only address the issues described below as well as all important GDR issues addressed since SQL Server 2016 RTM, or optionally install KB3210110 to address the issues described below as well as all hotfixes addressed up to and including Cumulative Update 3.
- In this case, your current installation build number would be less than 13.0.2149.0.
- The build number of this GDR hotfix update package is 13.0.1728.2
How to obtain this update packageThe following update package on the Microsoft Download Center will also be made available through Microsoft Update.
Download informationThe following file is available for download from the Microsoft Download Center:
Download the package now.
For more information about how to download Microsoft support files, click the following article number to view the article in the Microsoft Knowledge Base:
New issues addressed in this GDR hotfix update package3210708: FIX: Cannot install SQL Server R Services during an offline installation of SQL Server 2016 updates
3210262: FIX: Version of R Client is incompatible with the Microsoft R server version 8.0.3
3210087: FIX: Errors when you try to save MDS business rules in SQL Server 2016
Cumulative issues addressed in this GDR hotfix update package3199641: MS16-136: Security update for SQL Server: November 8, 2016
3164398: Critical update for SQL Server 2016 MSVCRT prerequisites
3179258: Critical Update for SQL Server 2016 Analysis Services