NOTE: If you configure the Single-click to open an item (point to select) setting in Windows, this problem may occur if you single-click a drive or folder.
- Open the folder, and then click Folder Options on the Tools menu.
- Click File Folder in the Register file types list, and then click Advanced.
- After you perform this procedure, the None setting is removed from the value data for the Default string value in the following registry key:HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\Directory\shellNOTE: This problem occurs even if you do not create a new action, edit existing actions, or change the default action in the Edit File Type dialog box.
To have us fix this problem for you, go to the "Fix it for me" section. If you prefer to fix this problem yourself, go to the "Let me fix it myself" section.
Fix it for me
To fix this problem automatically, click the Fix it button or link. In the File Download dialog box, click Run and then follow the steps in the Fix it Wizard.
- This wizard may be in English only. However, the automatic fix also works for other language versions of Windows.
- If you are not on the computer that has the problem, save the Fix it solution to a flash drive or a CD and then run it on the computer that has the problem.
Then, go to the "Did this fix the problem?" section.
Let me fix it myselfTo resolve this problem, edit the registry to set the value data for the Default string value in the registry keys that are described in the "Cause" section of this article to none:
- Start Registry Editor (Regedt32.exe).
- Locate and then click the Default value under the following keys in the registry if this problem occurs with folders:HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\Directory\shellIf this problem occurs with drives:HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\Drive\shell
- Click Modify on the Edit menu.
- Type none in the Value data box, and then click OK.
- Quit Registry Editor.
Did this fix the problem?
- Check whether the problem is fixed. If the problem is fixed, you are finished with this section. If the problem is not fixed, you can contact support.
- We would appreciate your feedback. To provide feedback or to report any issues with this solution, please leave a comment on the "Fix it for me" blog or send us an email message.
Article ID: 321186 - Last Review: Apr 26, 2011 - Revision: 1