The following articles contain more information about this security update as it relates to individual product versions. These articles may contain known issue information.
- KB3141486 MS17-002: Description of the security update for SharePoint Server 2016: January 10, 2017
- KB3128057 MS17-002: Description of the security update for Word 2016: January 10, 2017
Nonsecurity-related fixes and improvements that are included in this security update
- Some terms are translated into multiple languages to make sure that the meaning is accurate.
- You can't access the Shortcuts link through the keyboard in grid edit mode of a SharePoint task list. In addition, screen readers can't read or access information panels in SharePoint Server 2016.
- The PSConfig tool may recommend incorrect cmdlets.
- Sometimes, the PSConfig tool shows the upgrade as 100 percent completed even though it still takes some time before the tool moves to the next status. This problem occurs because the tool must complete some minor steps after it upgrades the products. Progress messages are displayed for these steps.
- Fixes the following cmdlet legacy issues of the Administrative Actions Logging feature:
- Support partial execution for the cmdlet and update the help document correspondingly.
- Refine the messages for some exceptions and logs.
- After you try to configure and use the Lotus Notes connector for SharePoint Server, the crawl fails.
- You can't use the CSOM API to set the BookingType property for enterprise resources in projects.
- A system access control list (SACL) isn't read correctly for large file paths that exceed the Windows limitation of 260 characters. This causes the SACL to be discoverable by any user in the query results even if the user doesn't have the appropriate permissions.
- After you make multiple changes to the same user in quick succession in SharePoint Server 2016, the Quick Sync job can't be completed successfully.
- When you configure hybrid taxonomy, the specified Local Term Store Name parameter is now case-insensitive even though it was previously case-sensitive.
- You can't restore site collection that have site URLs. Additionally, you receive the following error message: Error: Violation of PRIMARY KEY constraint 'PK_SiteUrlMap'. Cannot insert duplicate key in object 'dbo.SiteUrlMap'
- When you add a subtask to an existing subtask of a SharePoint task list, multiple subtasks are created instead of just one in certain conditions.
- When you copy and paste subtasks in grid edit mode of a SharePoint task list, multiple subtasks are created unexpectedly.
- SharePoint Server 2016 becomes unresponsive and the server experiences high CPU usage that requires a restart. Additionally, you can't access sites, or you get extremely slow page load times.
- When you apply status updates in PWA, actual work is added to some assignments unexpectedly. For example, you have an assignment that has 35 hours total work, and the status update is to apply 9 hours. When you view the results in Project Professional, you find that the assignment is unexpectedly completed. Meanwhile, the total work and the actual work have increased to 400 hours.
Article ID: 3214291 - Last Review: Jan 19, 2017 - Revision: 2
Microsoft SharePoint Server 2016, Word 2016