NOTE: If you press NumLock on the keyboard of certain Dell portable computers, this makes different characters available when you type. To make the keyboard revert to its standard functionality, press FUNCTION+NumLock.
- Click Start, point to Settings, and then click Control Panel.
- Double-click Regional and Language Options.
- Click the Languages tab.
- In the Text Services and Input languages pane, click Details.
- In the Installed Services pane, click any keyboard listed other than US, and then click Remove.
- When the confirmation message appears, click Yes.
- Repeat step 5 until all listed keyboards except US are removed.
The keyboard now works in all programs.
Article ID: 321498 - Last Review: Jun 19, 2014 - Revision: 1