Event Source: TermDD
Event ID: 50
The RDP protocol component "DATA ENCRYPTION" detected an error in the protocol stream and has disconnected the client.
Fix it for me
To fix this problem automatically, click the Fix it button or link. In the File Download dialog box, click Run, and then follow the steps in the Fix it Wizard.
- This wizard may be in English only. However, the automatic fix also works for other language versions of Windows.
- If you are not on the computer that has the problem, save the Fix it solution to a flash drive or a CD, and then run it on the computer that has the problem.
Then, go to the "Did this fix the problem?" section.
Let me fix it myselfImportant This section, method, or task contains steps that tell you how to modify the registry. However, serious problems might occur if you modify the registry incorrectly. Therefore, make sure that you follow these steps carefully. For added protection, back up the registry before you modify it. Then, you can restore the registry if a problem occurs. For more information about how to back up and restore the registry, click the following article number to view the article in the Microsoft Knowledge Base:
To resolve this issue, follow these steps:
- Start Registry Editor.
- Locate and then click the following registry subkey:HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\System\CurrentControlSet\Services\TermService\Parameters
- Under this registry subkey, delete the following values:
- X509 Certificate
- X509 Certificate ID
- Quit Registry Editor, and then restart the server.
Did this fix the problem?
- Check whether the problem is fixed. If the problem is fixed, you are finished with this section. If the problem is not fixed, you can contact support.
- We would appreciate your feedback. To provide feedback or to report any issues with this solution, please leave a comment on the "Fix it for me" blog or send us an email message.
Article ID: 323497 - Last Review: Mar 28, 2011 - Revision: 1