This article applies only to a Microsoft Access database (.accdb and .mdb).
The first time you open an earlier version database, you must be able to write changes to the database.
* The database file's read-only attribute may be set; clear this attribute.
* You may have chosen the Open Read Only command in the Open dialog box. Don't choose this command the first time you open the database.
* Your license to use this application may have expired.
- On the desktop, double-click My Computer.
- Locate the Microsoft Access database that you moved.
- Right-click the database name, and then click Properties.
- In the Properties dialog box, clear the Read-only check box under Attributes.
- Click OK to apply the change.
- Open your database in Access.
Article ID: 324666 - Last Review: Oct 30, 2008 - Revision: 1