- Right-click My Computer, and then click Properties.
- Click the Hardware tab, and then click Device Manager.
- Expand IDE ATA/ATAPI controllers.
- Double-click Primary IDE channel, and then click the Driver tab.
- Click Update Driver.
- Click Install the software automatically, and then follow the on-screen instructions to complete the process.
Microsoft provides third-party contact information to help you find technical support. This contact information may change without notice. Microsoft does not guarantee the accuracy of this third-party contact information.
The third-party products that are discussed in this article are manufactured by companies that are independent of Microsoft. Microsoft makes no warranty, implied or otherwise, regarding the performance or reliability of these products.