Do you want to open the spooler window to view the error(s)
- You log on to the network with the Novell Client and you do not specify Microsoft Windows NT credentials.
- You have restrictive permissions for the following Microsoft Project Server folder:Drive:\Program Files\Microsoft Project Server\Bin\ViewDrop
Method 1: Log on to a Windows Domain with the Novell ClientNote Use this method if the first condition that is listed in the "Cause" section is true.
When you log on to the network by using the Novell Client, you must specify the Microsoft Windows NT credentials to log on to the Windows NT domain. To do this, open the properties for the Novell Client, click
Advanced, and then configure your credentials for the Windows NT domain.
Method 2: Verify the ViewDrop Folder PermissionsNote Use this method if the second condition that is listed in the "Cause" section is true.
To verify the folder security permissions, follow these steps:
- Log on to the server by using your domain user name and password.
Note You must have a local Administrator or Domain Administrator level user name and password to the reconfigure the folder security permissions.
- Click Start, point to
Programs, and then point to
- Click Windows Explorer, expand My Computer, and then click the drive letter that contains the ViewDrop folder.
Note The typical installation point is:C:\Program Files\Microsoft Project Server\Bin\ViewDrop
- Right-click the ViewDrop folder, and then click Properties.
- Click the Security tab, and then view the list of names and groups that have permissions on the folder. Verify or add the following groups or user names with the appropriate permissions:
- Administrators Full Control
- Authenticated Users Full Control
- Everyone with the following permissions: Modify, Ready & Execute, List Folder Contents, Read, and Write
- Internet Guest Account Full Control
- System Full Control
- Click Apply, and then click
For more information about how to publish a project plan to the Microsoft Project Server Web site, click Microsoft Project Help on the Help menu, type server publishing in the Office Assistant or the Answer Wizard, and then click Search to view the topics returned.
For more information about the Microsoft Project Server spooler, click Microsoft Project Help on the Help menu, type project server spooler in the Office Assistant or the Answer Wizard, and then click Search to view the topics returned.
The third-party products that are discussed in this article are manufactured by companies that are independent of Microsoft. Microsoft makes no warranty, implied or otherwise, regarding the performance or reliability of these products.
Article ID: 328249 - Last Review: Sep 18, 2011 - Revision: 1