The operation could not be performed because the OLE DB provider 'SQLOLEDB' was unable to begin a distributed transaction. OLE/DB provider returned message: New transaction cannot enlist in the specified transaction coordinator.
- Click Start, point to All Programs, point to Administrative Tools, and then click Component Services.
- In the Component Services Wizard, expand Component Services, and then double-click Computers.
- Right-click My Computer, and then click
- Click the MS DTC tab, and then click
- In the Security Configuration dialog box, click to select the Network DTC Access check box.
- Under Network DTC Access, click
Note If you installed Service Pack 1 for Windows Server 2003, you can click Allow Inbound and Allow Outbound.
- Make sure that DTC Logon Account is set to
- Click OK.
- In the message box, click Yes to continue.
- In the DTC Console Message dialog box, click OK.
- In the System Properties dialog box, click
- Reboot the computer for these changes to take effect.
Note In some cases, you must start the DTC service before you start the SQL Server service so that the linked server distributed queries work well.