- When you click the paper clip in the Preview pane, the Save Attachments and file_name commands are unavailable.
- When you open an e-mail message, the Save Attachments command is unavailable on the File menu, the Attach field is missing from the e-mail message, and the following message is displayed in the message alert bar at the top of the e-mail message:Outlook Express removed access to the following unsafe attachments in your email: file_name1, file_name2
NOTE: Because there are several versions of Microsoft Windows, the following steps may be different on your computer. If they are, see your product documentation to complete these steps.
Turn off the Option to Use the Unsafe File ListTo turn off the Do not allow attachments to be saved or opened that could potentially be a virus option:
- Start Outlook Express.
- On the Tools menu, click
- Click the Security tab, click to clear the
Do not allow attachments to be saved or opened that could potentially be a virus check box under Virus Protection, and then click OK.
- Open the e-mail message in Outlook Express.
- On the File menu, click Save Attachments.
- Specify the folder in which you want to save the attachments in the Save To box, and then click
Article ID: 329570 - Last Review: Sep 28, 2011 - Revision: 1