Users who are running IIS 6.0 together with Microsoft Windows Server 2003 Service Pack 2 (SP2) should follow the steps in Microsoft Knowledge Base article 833734. For more information, click the following article number to view the article in the Microsoft Knowledge Base:
Using ASP technology also provides additional benefits, such as the ability to customize the change password functionality pages to include graphics or Web site designs.
This feature is available in the latest service pack for Windows 2000. For more information, click the following article number to view the article in the Microsoft Knowledge Base:
Note This package has been tested and approved for use with Microsoft Exchange versions 5.5 and 2000 running Outlook Web Access (OWA). Because OWA references these files with an .htr extension, manually renaming the files breaks the OWA use of the change password functionality.
Windows 2000To obtain and install this package, follow these steps:
- Make sure that the Iisadmpwd virtual directory is present. For more information, click the following article number to view the article in the Microsoft Knowledge Base:269082 IISADMPWD virtual directory is not created during clean install of IIS 5.0
- To download the installation package for Windows 2000 Service Pack 2 or Windows 2000 Service Pack 3, visit the following Microsoft Web site:
- After you install the tool that converts the .htr pages to use ASP technology, update the .htr pages by using the hotfix packages that are described in the following article in the Microsoft Knowledge Base:
- In the Iisadmpwd folder, rename the Text.asp file as Text.htr.
- In Notepad, open the Anot.htr file and the Anot3.htr file. Locate the following line of code.
<!--#include file = "text.asp"-->
- In both files, change the line of code that you located in step 5 to the following line of code.
<!--#include file = "text.htr"-->
- To configure these pages appropriately, follow the instructions that are described in the Microsoft Knowledge Base article in step 3.
To download the ADSI client for Windows NT 4.0, visit the following Microsoft Web site:
The following table outlines the current implementations by IIS versions before you install this package:
|IIS Version||File Extension||ISAPI Extension Used|
The installation of this download, Ism2asp.exe, changes any use of Ism.dll in the table to Asp.dll. The file name extension, .htr, remains the same although the page itself is written with ASP technology and Microsoft Visual Basic Scripting Edition (VBScript).
Article ID: 331834 - Last Review: Jun 4, 2009 - Revision: 1