For more information about how to do this, click the following article number to view the article in the Microsoft Knowledge Base:
Use the Typical Rebuild option. If this does not work, use the Advanced Rebuild option.
Create a New ProfileIf you rebuild the Entourage X database but it does not resolve this problem, create a new profile in Entourage X. To do so, follow the steps in this five-part procedure.
Step 1: Export Your Contacts to the Desktop
- Start Entourage X.
- On the File menu, click Export Contacts.
- Name the file, and then save it to the desktop.
Step 2: Move Your Mail Messages to Desktop
- Expand any subfolders that you have.
- Click a folder, and then drag it to your desktop. If you do not have the space on your desktop, create a new folder on the desktop, and then drag your mail folders into the new folder.
Step 3: Create a New Identity
- On the Tools menu, click
- Double-click your Microsoft Exchange Internet Message Access Protocol (IMAP) or Post Office Protocol (POP) account, note your account information, and then click OK.
- On the File menu, click Switch Identities.
- If you are prompted to close all connections and windows for the current identity, click Switch.
- In the Select an Identity dialog box, click New.
- In the Identity Name box, type a name, and then click OK.
The Setup Assistant appears. The Setup Assistant helps you find account information for your new identity, such as e-mail addresses and server names. When you are prompted, type the information that you noted in step 2.
Step 4: Import the Contacts
- On the Entourage menu, click
- Click the identity into which you want to import the contacts, and then click OK.
- On the File menu, click
- Click Import information from a text file, and then click the arrow to continue.
- Click Import contacts from a tab- or comma-delimited text file, and then click the arrow to continue.
- Locate the file that you exported, and then click
- Do not change any mapping information. Click
The contacts are placed in the Address Book of the new identity.
Step 5: Import the E-Mail
- On the File menu, click
- Click Import information from a text file, and then click the right arrow.
- Click Import messages from an MBOX-format text file, and then click the right arrow.
- Double-click the Desktop folder, click the .mbox file that you want to import first, and then click
- Click the left arrow.
- Repeat steps 3 through 4 to import all the folders that you exported.
- Send an e-mail message to yourself to make sure that this resolves the problem.
Note: The links between messages and contacts that you set up will be lost. The links between pictures and your contacts will be lost. Your calendar events will also be lost.
Article ID: 332015 - Last Review: Jun 19, 2014 - Revision: 1