This update includes quality improvements and security fixes. No new operating system features are being introduced in this update. Key changes include:
- Improved reliability of Windows graphics device interface (GDI).
- Addressed issue causing printer drivers to not install correctly after installing security update KB3170005.
- Addressed issue causing sign-in errors if a password is entered incorrectly or a new password doesn’t meet password complexity requirements after installing security update KB3167679.
- Addressed issue that causes Internet Explorer 11 to fail sometimes when using a user-defined style sheet.
- Improved support for networks by adding new entries to the Access Point Name (APN) database.
- Improved support for websites by updating the HTTP Strict Transport Security (HSTS) preload list.
- Addressed issue with revised daylight saving time.
- Addressed additional issues with Internet Explorer 11 and licensing.
- Security updates to Microsoft Edge, Internet Explorer 11, kernel-mode drivers, Microsoft Graphics Component, Windows registry, and diagnostic hub.
For more information about the security fixes in this update and a complete list of affected files, see KB3192440.