This update includes quality improvements and security fixes. No new operating system features are being introduced in this update. Key changes include:
- Improved support for apps, smart card logon, dual Ethernet cards, and Appraiser.
- Improved reliability for OS shutdown, group policy application, displays, virtual machines, and Windows Update.
- Improved performance for content entry in apps, BitLocker, and update installation and notification.
- Fixed issue with printing in Internet Explorer 11.
- Fixed security issue created when attempting to play corrupted content.
- Fixed security issue that could allow remote code execution while viewing a PDF in Microsoft Edge .
- Fixed additional issues with system sounds, file properties, spellcheck, logon, and Internet Explorer 11.
- Fixed additional security issues with Microsoft Edge , Internet Explorer 11, USB storage driver, kernel mode drivers, .NET Framework, graphic fonts, OLE, secondary logon, and PDF library.
For more info about the security fixes in this update and a complete list of affected files, see KB3140745.