This update includes quality improvements and security fixes. No new operating system features are being introduced this month. Key changes in this update include:
- Improved installation time of updates.
- Fixed issue with Microsoft Edge browser caching visited URLs while using InPrivate browsing.
- Improved Silverlight performance.
- Fixed issue that didn't allow a Windows 10 PC to remotely configure a server.
- Fixed issue with pictures and tables not displaying in Windows Journal.
- Fixed security issues that could allow remote code execution when malware is run on a target system.
- Fixed security issues in Microsoft Edge and Internet Explorer 11 that could allow code from a malicious website to be installed and run on a device.
- Fixed additional issues with Input Method Editors (IMEs), Direct Access, assigned access, peripheral device detection, barcode scanning, Windows Explorer, Internet Explorer 11, Microsoft Edge , and scripting.
- Fixed additional security issues with .NET Framework, PDF library, Windows Journal, kernel-mode drivers, Remote Desktop, and WebDAV.
For more info about the security fixes in this update and a complete list of affected files, see KB3135174.