This update includes quality improvements and security updates. No new operating system features are being introduced in this update. Key changes include:
- Addressed issue to update the Access Point Name (APN) database.
- Addressed issue with deadlocks occurring after a user password reset.
- Addressed issue with point rendering in Internet Explorer 11 and Microsoft Edge.
- Addressed issue with Japanese characters that are missing when converted by the Input Method Editor.
- Addressed additional issues with filter drivers, enterprise security, Windows shell, and Internet Explorer 11.
- Security updates to the Windows OS, Microsoft Edge, Internet Explorer 11, Windows File Manager, Microsoft Graphics Component, Windows authentication methods, kernel-mode drivers, Microsoft Virtual Hard Drive, Microsoft Video Control, OpenType, and the Common Log File System driver.
For more info about the security updates in this update and a complete list of affected files, see KB3198585.