Improvements and fixes
This security update includes these additional improvements and fixes. No new operating system features are being introduced in this update. Key changes include:
- Addressed issue that causes the System Center Configuration Manager (SCCM) client to fail installation when a device is re-imaged using the SCCM task sequence.
- Addressed issue with an error that occurs when the home page of the browser is set to an extremely long URL.
- Addressed issue with search suggestions and suggested sites feature of the browser not working properly.
- Addressed issue when changing the password for a local account with update KB3198585 installed, the computer will hang at "Changing Password".
- Addressed additional issues with Internet Explorer and updates to time zone information.
- Security updates to Microsoft Uniscribe, Microsoft Graphics Component, the Windows OS, Microsoft Edge, Internet Explorer, Windows Hyper-V, Windows kernel, and the kernel-mode driver.
For more information about the security fixes included in this update, please refer to the Security Updates Guide. If you installed earlier updates, only the new fixes contained in this package will be downloaded and installed on your device.
Known issues in this update
Microsoft is not currently aware of any issues with this update.
How to get this update
This update will be downloaded and installed automatically from Windows Update. To get the stand-alone package for this update, go to the Microsoft Update Catalog website.
- Update replacement information
This update replaces the previously released update KB3205436.
- File information
For a list of the files that are provided in this update, download the file information for cumulative update KB3205383. If you're installing a Windows 10 update package for the first time, the package size for the X86 version is 489 MB and the package size for the x64 version is 1030 MB.