There is a Microsoft Office update for defense-in-depth updates to help improve security-related features. To learn more about the vulnerability, see Microsoft advisory ADV170015.
Note To apply this security update, you must have the release version of Outlook 2016 installed on the computer.
Improvements and fixes
Improve the following translation in the Brazilian version of Outlook 2016.
The CTRL + B shortcut can't save an email message in Inline Reply mode when you use the Brazilian keyboard.
- Add an option to prevent Outlook 2016 from connecting to an Exchange account unless the connection uses Active Directory Authentication Library (ADAL). To enable this option, see KB4011124 for more information.
When you try to add data to a profile through the Mail Applet in Control Panel, you receive the following error message:
An unknown error occurred, error code: 0x8000ffff.
- After you mark an item as read in an IMAP folder in Outlook 2016, the item is changed to unread.
- Custom MAPI applications sometimes can't be shut down.
- Add-ins don't load due to the "Operation Failed" failure that occurs when the Microsoft Installer (.msi)-based edition of Outlook 2016 is connected to Microsoft Exchange Server 2013.
- Assume that you use the Send to Mail Recipient function for a document in Word 2016. When you copy the recipients from an email message to the new email message for the document in Outlook, Word 2016 may crash.
- In certain configurations, Office Add-ins Store URL may point to an incorrect server.
How to get and install the update
Method 1: Microsoft Update
This update is available from Microsoft Update. When you turn on automatic updating, this update will be downloaded and installed automatically. For more information about how to get security updates automatically, see Windows Update: FAQ.
Method 2: Microsoft Update Catalog
To get the stand-alone package for this update, go to the Microsoft Update Catalog website.
Method 3: Microsoft Download Center
You can get the stand-alone update package through the Microsoft Download Center. Follow the installation instructions on the download page to install the update.
Security update deployment information
For deployment information about this update, see security update deployment information: September 12, 2017.
Security update replacement information
This security update replaces the previously released update 4011052.
File hash information
|Package Name||Package Hash SHA 1||Package Hash SHA 2|
How to get help and support for this security update
Help for installing updates: Windows Update FAQ
Security solutions for IT professionals: Security Support and Troubleshooting
Help for protecting your Windows-based computer from viruses and malware: Microsoft Secure
Local support according to your country: International Support
Propose a feature or provide feedback on Office: Office User Voice portal