This security update resolves vulnerabilities in Microsoft Office that could allow remote code execution if a user opens a specially crafted Office file. To learn more about these vulnerabilities, see Microsoft Common Vulnerabilities and Exposures CVE-2017-11786.
Note To apply this security update, you must have the release version of Skype for Business 2015 (Lync 2013) installed on the computer.
Improvements and fixes
This security update contains the following improvements and fixes:
- Improves the conference experience for active speaker video stream in VDIv2 in Skype for Business 2015 (Lync 2013).
- "The video preview won't show" error occurs when you start a video call in Skype for Business 2015 (Lync 2013) in VDIv2.
- Duplicate working numbers for contacts are displayed on the call drop-down menu in Skype for Business 2015 (Lync 2013).
- Skype for Business 2015 (Lync 2013) doesn't display who changed the whiteboard content in a meeting.
- Skype for Business 2015 (Lync 2013) crashes when the computer resumes from sleep or hibernate mode.
- A user's department isn't displayed on their contact card in Skype for Business 2015 (Lync 2013).
- Can't automatically log on to Skype for Business 2015 (Lync 2013) that has the December 6, 2016, update installed.
- Adds a new Show/Hide My Video button for VDIv2 users to minimize the self-view video in Skype for Business 2015.
How to get and install the update
Method 1: Microsoft Update
This update is available from Microsoft Update. When you turn on automatic updating, this update will be downloaded and installed automatically. For more information about how to get security updates automatically, see Windows Update: FAQ.
Method 2: Microsoft Update Catalog
To get the stand-alone package for this update, go to the Microsoft Update Catalog website.
Method 3: Microsoft Download Center
You can get the stand-alone update package through the Microsoft Download Center. Follow the installation instructions on the download page to install the update.
Security update deployment information
For deployment information about this update, see security update deployment information: October 10, 2017.
Security update replacement information
This security update replaces previously released security update KB 4011107.
|June 13, 2017, Lynchelploc update for Lync 2015 (Skype for Business) (3191937)||Download the 32-bit Lynchelploc update package now. |
Download the 64-bit Lynchelploc update package now.
|June 9, 2015, update for Office 2013 (3054853) |
Note You don't have to apply update 3054853 if you applied the April 14, 2015, update (2889923) or the May 12, 2015, security update (3039779) for Lync 2013 (Skype for Business).
|Download the 32-bit mso update package now. |
Download the 64-bit mso update package now.
File hash information
|Package name||Package hash SHA 1||Package hash SHA 2|
The English version of this security update has the file attributes (or later file attributes) that are listed in the following table. The dates and times for these files are listed in Coordinated Universal Time (UTC). The dates and times for these files on your local computer are displayed in your local time together with your current daylight-saving time (DST) bias. Additionally, the dates and times may change when you perform certain operations on the files.
How to get help and support for this security update
Help for installing updates: Windows Update FAQ
Security solutions for IT professionals: Security Support and Troubleshooting
Help for protecting your Windows-based computer from viruses and malware: Microsoft Secure
Local support according to your country: International Support
Propose a feature or provide feedback on Skype: Skype User Voice portal