Microsoft has released an update for Microsoft Skype for Business 2015 (Lync 2013) on February 6, 2018. This update also includes the new Skype for Business client.
Get update 4011678 for Skype for Business 2015 (Lync 2013)
- The download page will display this update as for Lync 2013.
- After you apply this update, Lync 2013 will be upgraded to Skype for Business.
Get the general information about the new experience in Skype for Business.
- You can still use the Lync client user interface (UI) after you apply this update for Skype for Business 2015 (Lync 2013).
Get the general information about how to switch between the Skype for Business and the Lync client UI for Microsoft Office 365 users and Lync Server 2013 users.
- For more information about how to download Microsoft support files, click the following article number to view the article in the Microsoft Knowledge Base: 119591 How to obtain Microsoft support files from online services
Microsoft scanned this file for viruses. Microsoft used the most current virus-detection software that was available on the date that the file was posted. The file is stored on security-enhanced servers that help prevent any unauthorized changes to the file.
Issues that the update fixes
This update fixes the following issues:
- KB 4076534 Skype for Business client crashes when working with external contacts in Outlook
- KB 4076533 Can't input messages until clicking participants list after full-screen sharing in Skype for Business 2016 and Skype for Business 2015 (Lync 2013)
- KB 4076532 Set the default value of the EnableRestoreOAuthUsedKeyWhenUsingCachedWebTicket key to true
- KB 4076531 You're prompted for Exchange credentials when you switch to internal network for Skype for Business
Before you install this update, you must install Microsoft Office 2013 Service Pack 1 (KB2817430).
Additionally, to install this update, you must have the following updates installed.
|May 2, 2017, Lynchelploc update for Skype for Business 2015 (Lync 2013) (KB3191873)|
|May 12, 2015, security update (KB3039779) for Skype for Business||See Knowledge Base article 3039779.|
You may have to restart the computer after you apply this update.
The English (United States) version of this software update installs files that have the attributes that are listed in the following tables. The dates and the times for these files are listed in Coordinated Universal Time (UTC). The dates and the times for these files on your local computer are displayed in your local time together with your current daylight saving time (DST) bias. Additionally, the dates and the times may change when you perform certain operations on the files.
The Office System TechCenter contains the latest administrative updates and strategic deployment resources for all versions of Office. See Office System TechCenter.