- MS17-022 Security update for Microsoft XML Core Services
- MS17-021 Security update for DirectShow
- MS17-020 Security update for Windows DVD Maker
- MS17-019 Security update for Active Directory Federation Services
- MS17-018 Security update for Windows Kernel-Mode Drivers
- MS17-017 Security update for Windows Kernel
- MS17-016 Security update for Internet Information Services
- MS17-013 Security update for Microsoft Graphics Component
- MS17-012 Security update for Microsoft Windows
- MS17-011 Security update for Microsoft Uniscribe
- MS17-010 Security update for Windows SMB Server
- MS17-008 Security update for Windows Hyper-V
- MS17-006 Security update for Internet Explorer
- The security fixes that are listed in the "Summary" section of Security Monthly Quality Rollup 4012215 are also included in March 2017 Security Only Quality Update 4012212, with the exception of security fixes for Internet Explorer, which are instead included in the Cumulative Security Update for Internet Explorer 4012204. Installing either this March 2017 Security Monthly Quality Rollup or both the March 2017 Security Only Quality update and the Cumulative Security Update for Internet Explorer will install the security fixes that are listed here. This Security Monthly Quality Rollup also includes improvements and fixes from previous monthly rollups.
- If you use update management processes other than Windows Update and you automatically approve all Security updates classifications for deployment, the March 2017 Security Only Quality Update 4012212, March 2017 Security Monthly Quality Rollup 4012215, and the Cumulative Security Update for Internet Explorer 4012204 are deployed. We recommend that you review your update deployment rules to make sure that the desired updates are deployed.
- If you install a language pack after you install this update, you must reinstall this update. Therefore, we recommend that you install any language packs that you need before you install this update. For more information, see Add language packs to Windows.
Method 1: Windows UpdateThis update is available through Windows Update. When you turn on automatic updating, this update will be downloaded and installed automatically. For more information about how to turn on automatic updating, see
Windows Update: FAQ.
Method 2: Microsoft Update CatalogTo get the stand-alone package for this update, go to the Microsoft Update Catalog website.
File Hash information
|File name||SHA1 hash||SHA256 hash|
The file attributes for this update are included in a .csv file and is available for download from the Microsoft Download Center:
For more information about how to download Microsoft support files, click the following article number to view the article in the Microsoft Knowledge Base:
Microsoft scanned this file for viruses. Microsoft used the most current virus-detection software that was available on the date that the file was posted. The file is stored on security-enhanced servers that help prevent any unauthorized changes to the file.
Article ID: 4012215 - Last Review: Mar 14, 2017 - Revision: 12