You can return most Xbox One or Xbox Play Anywhere games (and some apps) for a refund, if it’s a game that allows us to collect usage data, and:
- You’ve used the game for less than a total of two hours across all your devices.
- The game was released more than 24 hours ago.
- You're signed into your Home Xbox or Offline PC. Go to account.microsoft.com/devices to check.
- In-app purchases, bundled game editions, and Xbox 360 content aren't eligible for a refund.
- Only apps or games that collect usage data are eligible for refund.
- For more info about our refund policy, see Microsoft Store Terms of Sale.
If your return isn't approved, try these things:
- Close your apps and restart your Home Xbox or Offline PC.
- Wait 15 minutes, check your internet connection, then sign back in.
- Make sure your Windows 10 PC is up to date. If you're not running Windows 10, version 1709 or later, update Windows. Select Start > Settings > Update & Security > Windows Update > Check for updates.
- Check that your privacy settings are set to Full. If they're set to Basic, we won't be able to calculate your game usage, which could result in your refund being denied. Select Start > Settings > Privacy > Diagnostics & feedback.
- Retry your refund.