This update includes improvements and fixes that were a part of Monthly Rollup KB4012215 (released March 14, 2017). This update also includes these new quality improvements and is a preview of the next Monthly Rollup update. Key changes include:
- Enabled detection of processor generation and hardware support when PC tries to scan or download updates through Windows Update.
- Simplified listing of Approved Servers in the Point and Print group policies by allowing wildcards in the server name.
- Addressed issue that produces corrupt output when using fread() to read data from a pipe. The runtime will sometimes drop the newlines between lines.
- Addressed issue to update time zone information.
- Addressed issue with the Local Security Authority Subsystem Service process that crashes on the domain controller when making certain Lightweight Directory Access Protocol requests.
For a complete list of affected files, see KB4012218.
Article ID: 4016780 - Last Review: Apr 11, 2017 - Revision: 4
Windows 7, Windows Server 2008 R2 Service Pack 1