This update is no longer available because Cumulative Update 21 for Exchange Server 2013 (4099855) was released on June 19, 2018. You can install the latest Exchange Server 2013 update to fix the issues that are described in this article.
Cumulative Update 18 for Microsoft Exchange Server 2013 was released on September 19, 2017. Several nonsecurity issues are fixed in this cumulative update or a later cumulative update for Exchange Server 2013.
Get Cumulative Update 18 for Exchange Server 2013
- The Cumulative Update 18 package can be used to run a new installation of Exchange Server 2013 or to upgrade an existing Exchange Server 2013 installation to Cumulative Update 18.
- It's not necessary to install any previously released Exchange Server 2013 cumulative updates or service packs that were released before Cumulative Update 18 before you install Cumulative Update 18.
Issues that this cumulative update fixes
This cumulative update fixes the issue that is described in the following Microsoft Knowledge Base articles:
- KB4040755 New health monitoring mailbox for databases is created when Health Manager Service is restarted in Exchange Server 2013
- KB4040121 You receive a corrupted attachment if email is sent from Outlook that connects to Exchange Server in cache mode
- KB4040120 Synchronization may fail when you use the OAuth protocol for authorization through EAS in Exchange Server 2013
- KB4036108 Security update for Microsoft Exchange: September 12, 2017
Cumulative update information
The setup process for Exchange Server 2013 identifies any missing prerequisites.
You may have to restart the computer after you apply this cumulative update package.
You don't have to make any changes to the registry after you apply this cumulative update package.
After you install this cumulative update package, you can't uninstall the package to revert to an earlier version of Exchange Server 2013. If you uninstall this cumulative update package, Exchange Server 2013 is removed from the server.
For more information about the deployment of Exchange Server 2013, see Release Notes for Exchange 2013.
For more information about the coexistence of Exchange Server 2013 and earlier versions of Exchange Server in the same environment, see Exchange 2013 System Requirements.
For more information about other Exchange updates, see Exchange Server Updates: Build numbers and release dates.