Note Some products might not be available in your country or region.
Some products might not be available in your country or region.
To keep your Surface Pro performing its best, make sure that you have the latest Surface updates.
- How to get the update
- Improvements and fixes in the update
- Known issues and additional information about Surface Pro
Surface updates are released in stages – not every Surface will receive the update at the same time, but it’ll be delivered to all devices. If you haven’t received an update, see Install Surface and Windows updates.
- Firmware updates can’t be uninstalled or reverted to an earlier version.
- When you install the latest update, you'll also get all the previous updates if your Surface doesn't have them already. Only updates that apply to Surface will be downloaded and installed.
- After the updates are installed, restart your device to complete the installation process. To restart your device, select the Start button, and then select Power > Restart.
February 2016 updates
The following update will be listed as “System Firmware Update – 2/24/2016” when you view your update history.
When Surface updates are provided via the Windows Update service, they are delivered in stages to Surface customers. As a result, not every Surface will receive the update at the same time, but the update will be delivered to all devices. If you have not received the update then please manually check Windows Update later.
- Surface Pro System Aggregator Firmware update (v2.84.450.0) eliminates instances where the device wakes randomly.
- Surface Cover Audio driver update (v1.0.360.0) improves system stability when detaching the cover.
We are listening. Quality is a top priority, and we want to keep you informed about issues impacting customers.
- Currently, there are no known issues.