Share a photo, video, or other kind of file with a friend who has a phone, laptop, or tablet.
- Make sure the other device you want to share with is paired with your phone, turned on, and ready to receive files. Learn how to pair.
- To share a photo or video, on Start , swipe over to the All apps list, and then select Photos.
- Select the photo or video > Share > Bluetooth > the device you want to share to.
- On the receiving device, have your friend accept the file.
Receive photos, videos, or other kinds of files that you or a friend shares from another device, such as a phone, laptop, or tablet.
- Make sure the device that files will be sent from is paired with your phone. Learn how to pair.
- Have your friend send the files from their device.
- When it says Receive content? on your phone, select Accept.
- Select the notification on your phone to open the file.