Only a parent using the Microsoft family group feature can change Xbox privacy and online safety settings for a child account. If you're having trouble changing your child's settings, make sure your Microsoft account is a parent account in a family group. See whether you're listed as a child or an adult in a family group by signing in at account.microsoft.com/family. To change your child's settings:
- Sign in to the Xbox settings page with the parent’s Microsoft account. You may be asked to verify that you're the account owner. If you're having issues signing in to a Microsoft account, go to Microsoft account help.
- Choose the gamertag for your child's account. If you want to update the privacy and online safety settings for the parent or adult account, choose that gamertag instead.
- Select the Xbox One/Windows 10 Online Safety tab or the Privacy tab, review the settings currently in place, and then update those you want to change.
- Select Save before leaving or switching to another tab. If you don't save the changes before you move to the other tab, your changes won't be saved.
- Have your child sign in and sign out of their account to make the changes take effect.