The device does not seem to be responding
- If you are using a non-Bluetooth device, see I have trouble connecting my wired/wireless device.
- If you are using a Bluetooth® device, see I have connection/detection issues with my Bluetooth device.
- If you are using a wireless device, see "The placement of the wireless device" section in How do I optimize the wireless signal?
PS/2 connectors are not supported in Microsoft Mouse and Keyboard Center. If you connect a keyboard with a PS/2 connector, this software cannot configure any optional settings.
Devices plugged into the USB ports on my keyboard do not work
Some USB will not work when plugged into the keyboard; these devices may require a powered USB hub or have other hardware requirements. If your device is supported, try the following solutions:
- Plug the keyboard into a different USB port.
- If your keyboard is plugged into a USB hub or USB switch box, try removing it and plugging the keyboard into the computer.
- Unplug other USB devices that are not in use.
- Plug the device directly into the computer to verify it is working correctly.
Features on my keyboard do not work as expected with Windows Terminal Services or Remote Desktop
Microsoft keyboards and the Microsoft Mouse and Keyboard Center software are not supported for use with Windows Terminal Services or Remote Desktop, and some features may not work as expected.