Consider the following scenario:
- You use In-Memory OLTP and Multiple Active Result Sets (MARS) in an instance of Microsoft SQL Server 2016 or 2017.
- You create a clustered column store index for a memory-optimized table.
- You connect to the instance of SQL Server by using a MARS enabled connection.
- When you run a query to access data from the memory-optimized table, you may notice that an assertion error occurs and the connection is killed.
- Additionally, a minidump is generated on the server side.
Microsoft has confirmed that this is a problem in the Microsoft products that are listed in the "Applies to" section.