Consider the following scenario:
- You configure one of the following policies of a group policy object (GPO) to use the Microsoft: Smart Card or other certificate authentication method:
- Wired Network (IEEE 802.3)
- Wireless Network (IEEE 802.11)
- You specify a root certification authority (CA) certificate to be used by the authentication.
- The certificate has a single subject name.
In this scenario, the certificate is missing in the GPO settings report.
The issue occurs because of a code defect in Windows.
This issue affects only the GPO settings report. The certificate is successfully used by the authentication.