Consider the following scenario:
- You enable Trusted Platform Module (TPM) 2.0 in Unified Extensible Firmware Interface (UEFI) on a server.
- You install Windows Server 2016 on the server.
- You install the chipset drivers and update to the most recent Microsoft Monthly Rollup.
- You run tpm.msc and make sure that the TPM status is normal, with a status of "The TPM is ready for use."
- You run msinfo32 and then check the PCR7 Configuration.
In this scenario, the PCR7 Configuration is displayed as "Binding not possible."
This is a known issue.