This update adds an option for you to turn off automatic gain control for the microphone's volume during a call in Microsoft Skype for Business 2016. You will find the option below the Microphone in the Audio Device option.
How to get this update
Steps to resolve this issue
Follow the steps in this section carefully. Serious problems might occur if you modify the registry incorrectly. Before you modify it, back up the registry for restoration in case problems occur.
- Exit all Microsoft Office applications.
- Start Registry Editor:
- In Windows 10, go to Start, enter regedit in the Search Windows box, and then select regedit.exe in the search results.
- In Windows 7, click Start, type regedit in the Search programs and files text box, and then click regedit.exe in the search results.
- In Windows 8 and Windows 8.1, move your mouse to the upper-right corner, click Search, type regedit in the search text box, and then click regedit.exe in the search results.
- Locate and then select the following registry subkey: [HKEY_CURRENT_USER\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Office\16.0\Lync]
- On the Edit menu, point to New, and then click DWORD Value.
- Type AllowPhraseMatch, and then press Enter.
- In the Details pane, right-click AllowPhraseMatch, and then click Modify.
In the Value data box, type 1, and then click OK.
Exit Registry Editor.