An update for the .NET Framework 4.7.1 is available for Windows Server 2012. For more information about the issues that this update resolves, see the "Issues that this update resolves" section.
How to obtain this update
For more information about how to download Microsoft support files, click the following article number to view the article in the Microsoft Knowledge Base:
119591 How to obtain Microsoft support files from online services
Microsoft scanned this file for viruses. Microsoft used the most current virus-detection software that was available on the date that the file was posted. The file is stored on security-enhanced servers that help prevent any unauthorized changes to the file.
To apply this update, you must have .NET Framework 4.7.1 installed.
You do not have to restart the computer after you apply this update if the affected files are not being used.
Issues that this update resolves
The following problems in .NET Framework 4.7.1 are fixed in this update.
Base Class Library (BCL)
- Applications targeting .NET 4.6.1 that use .NET Standard libraries might be broken when running on .NET Framework 4.7.1. [526755, netstandard.dll, Bug]
- CultureAwareComparer with ignore casing serialized on previous versions of .NET Framework does not correctly deserialize on .NET Framework 4.7.1. [526752, mscorlib.dll, Bug]
- Applications making heavy use of System.Diagnostics.StackTrace or Exception.StackTrace might run more slowly on the .NET Framework 4.7.1. [517815, System.dll, Bug]
Windows Presentation Framework (WPF)
- Certain dual GPU machines may experience visual artifacts while running WPF apps in high contrast. [530113, System.Drawing.dll, Bug]
- In specific scenarios, the System.Windows.Controls.PrintDialog() throws an Arithmetic Overflow exception. [530512, PresentationFramework.dll, Bug]
KB4054853 is supported on the following operating systems:
- Windows Server 2012 (x64)