An update for the Microsoft .NET Framework 4.7.1 is available for Windows 10 Anniversary Update (Version 1607), Windows 10 Creators Update (Version 1703) and Windows Server 2016. For more information about the issues that this update resolves, see the "Issues that this update resolves" section. The fixes in this update will be available in an upcoming cumulative update for Fall Creators Update (Version 1709) and Server 2016 Version 1709.
How to obtain this update
For more information about how to download Microsoft support files, click the following article number to view the article in the Microsoft Knowledge Base:
119591 How to obtain Microsoft support files from online services
Microsoft scanned this file for viruses. Microsoft used the most current virus-detection software that was available on the date that the file was posted. The file is stored on security-enhanced servers that help prevent any unauthorized changes to the file.
To apply this update, you must have the .NET Framework 4.7.1 installed.
You do not have to restart the computer after you apply this update if the affected files are not being used.
Issues that this update resolves
The following problems in the .NET Framework 4.7.1 are fixed in this update.
Base Class Library (BCL)
- Applications targeting .NET 4.6.1 that use .NET Standard libraries might be broken when running on .NET Framework 4.7.1. [526755, netstandard.dll, Bug]
- CultureAwareComparer with ignore casing serialized on previous versions of .NET Framework does not correctly deserialize on .NET Framework 4.7.1. [526752, mscorlib.dll, Bug]
- Applications making heavy use of System.Diagnostics.StackTrace or Exception.StackTrace might run more slowly on the .NET Framework 4.7.1. [517815, System.dll, Bug]
Windows Presentation Framework (WPF)
- Certain dual GPU machines may experience visual artifacts while they run WPF apps in high contrast mode. [530113, System.Drawing.dll, Bug]
- In specific scenarios, the System.Windows.Controls.PrintDialog() throws an Arithmetic Overflow exception. [530512, PresentationFramework.dll, Bug]
KB 4054855 is supported on the following operating systems:
- Windows 10 Anniversary Update / Version 1607 (x86 and x64)
- Windows 10 Creators Update / Version 1703 (x86 and x64)
- Windows Server 2016 (x64)