After you install the RSATClient (WindowsTH-RSAT_WS_1709-x64.msu) by double-clicking the package, the DNS server tools are missing.
This article provides alternative steps to install the RSATClient so that all tools are installed correctly.
Make sure that update KB 2693643 is not already installed on the computer. If the update is installed, uninstall the update by using these steps:
Press Win key+R, type appwiz.cpl and then press Enter.
Select View Installed Updates.
Locate and uninstall the update.
Restart the computer if it prompts.
- Create a new directory. For example, temp.
- For x64 versions of Windows, create files unattend_x64.xml and installx64.bat as follows:
For x86 versions of Windows, create files unattend_x86.xml and installx86.bat as follows:
- Download the WindowsTH-RSAT_WS_1709-x64.msu package for x64 versions of Windows or the WindowsTH-RSAT_WS_1709-x86.msu package for x86 versions of Windows, and save the package in the new directory.
- Start a command prompt with administrative permissions and browse to the temp directory.
- Run installx64.bat for x64 versions of Windows or run installx86.bat for x86 versions of Windows.
- After installation, you can clear the contents of the temp directory.
- No restart is required unless you are prompted.