When you view a Microsoft Office 365 modern group calendar in Microsoft Outlook, the free/busy data of all members of the group is displayed, rather than just calendar events. There may be so much data displayed that the calendar is difficult to use.
This issue may occur when you open the O365 modern group calendar in this way:
- Open Outlook.
In the Calendar view, click Home > Open Calendar > From Address Book.
When you do this, the Office 365 modern group is treated as a distribution list, and the free/busy data of all users is displayed.
To resolve this issue, follow these steps to open the Office 365 modern group calendar:
- Open your Inbox folder, expand Groups in the folder list, and then select the modern group.
- Select Calendar on the ribbon.
- Right-click the calendar name in the navigation pane, and then select Add to Favorites.
- Close the modern group calendar window.
- Open the Calendar view in Outlook. You will find the modern group calendar listed under My Calendars, and the issue will not occur when you view the calendar.