This update is included in the June 2018 Preview of the Quality Rollups for .NET Framework 3.5.1, 4.5.2, 4.6, 4.6.1, 4.6.2, 4.7 and 4.7.1 for Windows 7 and Windows Server 2008 R2 (KB 4291493) and June 2018 Preview of the Quality Rollups for .NET Framework 2.0, 3.0, 4.5.2 and 4.6 for Windows Server 2008 (KB 4291501). This update was previously included in the Preview of Quality rollup (KB 4103472) and (KB 4103474) on May 15, 2018.
This May 2018 Update for Windows 7 SP1, Windows Server 2008 R2 SP1 and Windows Server 2008 includes cumulative reliability improvements in .NET Framework 4.5.2. We recommend that you apply this update as part of your regular maintenance routines. Before you install this update, see the "Prerequisites" and "Restart requirement" sections.
- If you install a language pack after you install this update, you must reinstall this update. Therefore, we recommend that you install any language packs that you need before you install this update. For more information, see Add language packs to Windows.
Quality and reliability improvements
1 Common Language Runtime (CLR)
Additional information about this update
For more information about this update as it relates to Windows 7 SP1 and Windows Server 2008 R2 SP1, see the following article in the Microsoft Knowledge Base:
4291493 June 2018 Preview of the Quality Rollups for .NET Framework 3.5.1, 4.5.2, 4.6, 4.6.1, 4.6.2, 4.7 and 4.7.1 for Windows 7 SP1 and Server 2008 R2 SP1 (KB 4291493)
For more information about this update as it relates to Windows Server 2008, see the following article in the Microsoft Knowledge Base:
4291501 June 2018 Preview of the Quality Rollups for .NET Framework 2.0 SP2, 3.0 SP2, 4.5.2 and 4.6 for Windows Server 2008 (KB 4291501)
How to get this update
This update is available through Windows Update. When you turn on automatic updating, this update will be downloaded and installed automatically. For more information about how to get security updates automatically, see Windows Update: FAQ.
Microsoft Update Catalog
To get the stand-alone package for this update, go to the Microsoft Update Catalog website.
- For Windows 7 SP1 and Windows Server 2008 R2 SP1, apply update KB 4291493.
- For Windows Server 2008, apply update KB 4291501.
Windows Software Update Services (WSUS)
On your WSUS server, follow these steps:
- Click Start, click Administrative Tools, and then click Microsoft Windows Server Update Services 3.0.
- Expand ComputerName, and then click Action.
- Click Import Updates.
- WSUS will open a browser window in which you may be prompted to install an ActiveX control. You will need to install the ActiveX control to continue.
- Once the ActiveX control is installed, you will see the Microsoft Update Catalog screen. Enter 4291493 for Windows 7 SP1 and Windows Server 2008 R2 SP1 or enter 4291501 for Windows Server 2008 in the Search box, and then click Search.
- Locate the .NET Framework packages that match the operating systems, languages, and processors in your environment. Click Add to add them to your basket.
- When you have selected all the packages you need, click View Basket.
- Click Import to import the packages to your WSUS server.
- Click Close once the packages have been imported to return to WSUS.
The updates are now available for installation through WSUS.
To apply this update, you must have .NET Framework 4.5.2 installed.
You must restart the computer after you apply this update if any affected files are being used. We recommend that you exit all .NET Framework-based applications before you apply this update.
Update replacement information