Microsoft SQL Server 2016 SP1 is now supported for use as Back End databases that will work together with Skype for Business Server 2015.
- We recommend that you apply SQL Server 2016 SP1 if you experience a performance issue after you install SOL Server 2016 for Back End databases of Skype for Business Server 2015.
If you are using SQL Server 2008 R2 as a Back End database, you should not apply this update. For more information, see KB4345985 "Failed to setup database rtcxds" error when you upgrade the SQL Server 2008 R2 back-end database in Skype for Business Server 2015.
To obtain a guidance for deploying a particular fix with July 2018 Cumulative Update 6.0.9319.534 (CU7), please submit a request to Microsoft Customer Service and Support through the following Microsoft website:
If you plan to upgrade the SQL Server Back End instance to SQL Server 2016 SP1, please install SQL Server 2016 SP1 and upgrade the Back End server by installing the following updates:
- July 2018 cumulative update 6.0.9319.534 for Skype for Business Server 2015, core components
- July 2018 cumulative update 6.0.9319.534 for Skype for Business Server 2015, Call Park service
- July 2018 cumulative update 6.0.9319.534 for Skype for Business Server 2015, Front End server and Edge server
- Without installing SQL Server 2016 SP1, there's a possibility of seeing a decrease in performance on the Back End server.
- If SQL Server 2016 SP1 has to be rolled back, please run again the Back End server upgrade step after rolling back SQL Server.