Consider the following scenario:
- You install the Absconfig tool in a Microsoft Skype for Business Server 2015 environment.
- You run the Absconfig.exe file on Skype for Business Server 2015 front-end servers that have the Address Book Service enabled to change an address book attribute.
- You run the Update-CsUserDatabase cmdlet to start a new replicator sync cycle.
- You apply either the May 2017 or the March 2018 cumulative update for Skype for Business Server 2015.
- You run the following command to update the rtcab database:
Install-CsDatabase -ConfiguredDatabases -SqlServerFqdn< FQDN>
In this situation, you receive an error message that states the RtcResetAbAttributes procedure fails. For example, you may receive the following error message:
Database rtcab is set to multi user mode.
Error executing batch. Details:
Error creating procedure RtcResetAbAttributes:
sql error code = 547, error message = The DELETE statement conflicted with the REFERENCE constraint "FK_AbAttrValue_AbAttribute". The conflict occurred in database "rtcab", table "dbo.AbAttributeValue", column 'AttrId'., line number = LineNumber
sql error code = 3621, error message = The statement has been terminated., line number = LineNumber
This issue occurs because the rtcab.RtcResetAbAttributes stored procedure deletes rows from the AbAttributes table. This violates the foreign key constraint in the AbAttributeValues table. Therefore, the Install-CsDatabase cmdlet fails.