You open a command prompt (cmd.exe) in one of the following scenarios:
- You use a Windows 10 Version 1803 Windows Preinstallation Environment (Windows PE) image.
- You start Windows 10 Version 1803 in Windows Recovery Environment (Windows RE).
- You start the computer by using a Windows 10 1803 install media.
In this scenario, you receive the following error message:
Not enough memory resources are available to process this command.
The message that you receive should have stated, "(c) 2018 Microsoft Corporation. All rights reserved."
This issue occurs because a resource file is not included in the components that are responsible for keeping these copyright strings. As a result, when the command prompt tries to read the string, it cannot find the string, and it assumes the reason that the string was not found is a low-memory condition.
What you should know:
- There is no low-memory condition.
- This issue has no impact on any functionality.
- This error can be safely ignored.
- This error has been corrected in the next version of Windows 10.