When viewing the Dynamics 365 App for Outlook section within Settings, a user does not appear in the All Eligible Users list.
Cause 1: The user does not have a security role assigned that includes the Use Dynamics 365 App for Outlook privilege
NOTE: Dynamics 365 App for Outlook is supported for User mailboxes. Queue mailboxes are not supported.
Cause 2: The user is not configured to use Server-Side Synchronization for Incoming Emails.
Resolution 1: Verify the user has at least one Dynamics 365 security role assigned which includes the Use Dynamics 365 App for Outlook privilege.
NOTE: The Use Dynamics 365 App for Outlook privilege is located on the Business Management tab of a security role within the Privacy Related Privileges section.
For information about how to assign a security role, see Assign a security role to a user. For information about creating or modifying a security role, see Create or edit a security role to manage access.
Resolution 2: Verify the user's mailbox record in Dynamics 365 is configured to use Server-Side Synchronization for Incoming Email and the mailbox is Tested and Enabled successfully.
- Access Dynamics 365 as a user with the System Administrator role.
- Navigate to Settings and then click Email Configuration.
- Click Mailboxes and then change the view to Active Mailboxes.
- Locate and open the mailbox record for the user.
- Verify the Incoming Email option is set to Server-Side Synchronization or Email Router.
- If the Incoming Email Status does not already show as Success, click Test & Enable Mailbox and make sure to select the checkbox that appears in the dialog.
- If the mailbox tests do not succeed, review the messages in the Alerts section. If an alert includes a Learn More link, click this link for additional details.