This article describes the issues that are fixed in the update rollup for Azure File Sync Agent that's dated September 2018. Additionally, this article contains installation instructions for this update.
Issues that are fixed
- Fixes an issue that causes the registered server state to be displayed as “Appears offline” after the Azure File Sync agent is upgraded to version 184.108.40.206 or 220.127.116.11.
- Fixes an issue that causes the Storage Sync Agent (FileSyncSvc) service to crash because of files that have long paths.
- Fixes an issue that causes the server registration to fail and return the following error message:
Could not load file or assembly Kailani.Afs.StorageSyncProtocol.V3
More information about this update rollup
- This update rollup is available for Windows Server 2012 R2 and Windows Server 2016 installations that have the Azure File Sync agent versions 18.104.22.168 or 22.214.171.124 installed.
- The agent version of this update rollup is 126.96.36.199.
- A restart may be required if files are being used during the update rollup installation.
How to get and install this update rollup for the Azure File Sync Agent
Update rollups for the Azure File Sync Agent are available from Microsoft Update or by manual download.
To get and install this update rollup from Microsoft Update, follow these steps on a server that has Azure File Sync Agent installed.
Windows Server 2016
- Click Start, and then click Settings.
- In Settings, click Update & security.
- In the Windows Update window, click Check online for updates from Microsoft Update.
- Verify that the update rollup is listed, and then click Install now.
Windows Server 2012 R2
- Click Start, and then click Control Panel.
- In Control Panel, double-click Windows Update.
- In the Windows Update window, click Check for updates.
- Click Important updates are available.
- Verify that the update rollup is selected, and then click Install.
Microsoft Update Catalog
Go to the following website to manually download this update rollup package from the Microsoft Update Catalog:
To manually install the update rollup package, run the following command at an elevated command prompt:
msiexec.exe /p packagename.msp REINSTALLMODE=OMUS REINSTALL= StorageSyncAgent,StorageSyncAgentUpdater,StorageSyncAgentAzureFileSync /qb /l*vx storagesyncagentupdate.log
For example, to install the Azure File Sync Agent update rollup for Windows Server 2016, run the following command:
msiexec.exe /p StorageSyncAgent_WS2016_KB4457484.msp REINSTALLMODE=OMUS REINSTALL= StorageSyncAgent,StorageSyncAgentUpdater,StorageSyncAgentAzureFileSync /qb /l*v Patch.log