When you try to auto-enroll a device in Microsoft Intune by using Windows 10 Mobile Device Management (MDM) through a Group Policy Object, the attempt fails, and you experience the following additional symptoms:
- The Task Scheduler generates an error on the \Microsoft\Windows\EnterpriseMgmt\Schedule folder. This folder is created by the enrollment client that automatically enrolls a device in MDM from an Aaure Active Directory (Azure AD) task. The last-run result is as follows:
Event 76 Auto MDM Enroll: Failed (Unknown Win32 Error code: 0x8018002b)
- In Event Viewer, you may also see the following event logged under Applications and Services Logs > Microsoft > Windows > DeviceManagement-Enterprise-Diagnostics-Provider > Admin:
Log Name: Microsoft-Windows-DeviceManagement-Enterprise-Diagnostics-Provider/Admin
Event ID: 76
Description: Auto MDM Enroll: Failed (Unknown Win32 Error code: 0x80180002b)
- In a web browser, navigate to the Azure portal.
- Select Azure Active Directory > Mobility (MDM and MAM).
- Select Microsoft Intune.
- Make sure that MDM user scope is set to All or that the appropriate groups are selected.
- Make sure that MAM User scope is set to None.
Note If this method does not resolve the problem, see the following Knowledge Base article:
4461453 "0x8018002B" error and Windows 10 MDM auto-enrollment for Intune fails if an invalid UPN is used