When you use the Desktop Experience in Windows Server 2019, you cannot install language packs by using the Language page in the Settings app.
To add a new Windows display language, you must get the desired language pack CAB file, install the CAB file by using LPKSetup.exe, and then use the Language page to set your preferred language.
Install the language pack
- Download an ISO image that contains the language packs here.
- Either mount the ISO image or burn the image to a DVD.
- Press the Windows logo key+R to open the Run dialog box. Type lpksetup.exe, and then select OK.
- Step through the wizard to install the language pack. Or, you can also use the Lpksetup Command-Line Options to install the language pack by using an elevated command prompt.
Select the preferred language
- Start the Settings application, select Time & Language, and then select Language.
- On the Language page, under the Preferred languages heading, select Add a language.
- In the Choose a language to install dialog box, select an entry that matches the language pack language, and then select Next.
- In the Install language features dialog box, select Install. The Windows display language box should now include the newly added language.
- To switch to the new language, select it from the Windows display language box, sign out of the current Windows session, and then sign back in.