In most cases, you can view and manage your search, browse, location, voice, media activity, and apps and services activity data on the privacy dashboard. However, sometimes data might not appear as expected.
Reasons why you might not see data on the privacy dashboard:
- You don’t use the feature or service for which you’re trying to view data, or you’re too young to use it.
- You cleared the data recently and turned off the settings that allow Microsoft to collect the data.
- You haven’t signed in to your Windows device with your Microsoft account.
- You’re in a country or region where the feature or service isn’t supported.
- There was a problem locating your data and it can't be displayed right now, but Microsoft is doing its best to make the data available as soon as possible.
- The data you are looking for isn't available on the privacy dashboard.
To find out how to access additional data within the products you use, visit the Privacy in our products page. For additional personal data not available on the dashboard or through the products you use—contact our privacy team.
Viewing browse and search activity
With browse activity and search activity, there might be more than one reason why you’re not seeing data on the privacy dashboard.
Browse activity only appears if you:
- Enable Cortana in Windows.
- Turn on browsing history in Cortana.
- Enable Cortana In Microsoft Edge.
Search activity only appears if you:
- Perform searches from Bing.
- Perform searches from Cortana that land on Bing pages.
- Sign in to Bing with your Microsoft account.
Search activity doesn’t appear if you:
- Perform searches from Cortana that don't land on Bing pages.
- Perform searches from the Cortana app on a phone that uses an iOS or Android operating system.
- Perform searches using Bing, but haven’t signed in to Bing with your Microsoft account—though you can still view your search activity on the Bing.com Search History page.
Tips to help your data appear more quickly
If your data is taking a long time to appear on the privacy dashboard, here are some things you can try:
- Make sure your device is turned on and plugged in.
- Make sure your device has continuous Internet connectivity.
- Make sure you’re not using a metered Internet connection.
- If your device is running on battery power, select the Start button, and then select Settings > System > Battery and make sure that battery saver is turned off.